Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Linux Experience

This Year I was very busy with developing Andruav.com an RC related android application. This September  2015 I finish 1 year working on it. It is a sophisticated app to develop, however I hope it is alot easier to be used.

I have been a Windows developer for more than +15 years, a C++ anti-java person. Well I regret that, I do love windows, however Java is a very nice language, especially when it comes to Android. Also Linux is an excellent platform that I was away from. Now my Laptop is Ubuntu :)

Anyway when I was looking for an inexpensive server for Andruav.com I had to go to Linux, at first I thought buying a VPS Ubuntu means a remote desktop with GUI, but I found my self lonely in front of back screen and all I have is ssh to connect :(.  That was horrible at the beginning, but later I was very comfort with it. I had to go through alot of issues that I will summaries here for other people who want to use Linux easily.


The platform I use is Ubuntu 12.04


Steps of installing LAMP on Ubuntu 14.04


1. Install Apache

sudo apt-get install apache2

2. Install MySQL

sudo apt-get install mysql-server
* reconfig
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: mysql-server-5.5

3. Install PHP

sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5

4. Restart Server

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

5. Check Apache

http://localhost/.



7. Installing MySQLAdmin

apt-get install php5-mysql http://www.thetechrepo.com/main-articles/488.html
sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin

*reconfig phpmyadmin database:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure phpmyadmin

Add extension=mysqli.so (near other 'extension=' lines) line to your php.ini


8. Restart Server

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart


If you execute these commands in order you will have LAMP on your Ubuntu


No comments:

Post a Comment